Tuesday, June 10, 2008

I had an eventful day

Today was an eventful day, at least after work. I got up this morning and got ready for work, headed to work like always. I came home for lunch like I always do and then went back to work. I got off at 430 and came home, my plan was to go to the post office to ship another package, I told Josh I would ship his hat out today (he left without one and it's so sunny and hot he can really use it). So I get home from work and knowing that I was going to ship the package I opened the garage door to go in the house that way because the package tape was in there. When I opened the garage door I noticed the door going to the back yard was open, my first thoughts were “oh last time I went out that way I must have not locked it and the wind blew it open”, then I went and checked the front door and it was locked, then I walked back into the garage and went to go in the house, I told myself if that door was open then I was leaving, so when I turned the handle the door opened, I let go and walked back to the truck and jumped in, hit the garage door button and headed down the street. I called my dad and he said he was on his way over, I told him I was going back to work to wait for him that I didn’t want to be at the house. When I got to the end of the main street I realized I should call my brother in law since he’s closer, he was at work like I figured so I told him it was fine that my dad was on his way, Jason ended up calling his dad (my father in law) and Dennis headed right over. I went and parked on the curb in front of our neighbor's house while I waited. Dennis got there and went and checked everything out for me, it seemed to be ok so he headed home. I then left to go ship the package and online it stated the place was open until 6:00, I got there at 5:45 and they were closed for the day, it even said on their door that they were open until 6:00, so I was a little upset about that, I headed back home and then my sister in law and I decided we'd all meet for dinner so I left the house again and went to Applebee's, now I'm home for the night and in the bedroom, but a little scared, I'm a big baby and the smallest thing can scare me.

No comments: