Bear went in today to be fixed. I felt so bad dropping him off, he's my puppy and I love him. I dropped him off early in the morning and picked up him at 4:30 this evening. When I walked in the clinic to pick him up I could hear him in the back, he was crying :( One lady went to get him for me and the other was heading to her break and said to me "Your puppy's been crying, I kept telling him 'She's coming back, She's gonna get you'." Bear was brought out to me and I put his leash on him and we headed home. Once we got home I let him potty and then we went into the house. He's not allowed to play or have much activity for 5 to 7 days. Poor guy, he's still a puppy and all he wants to do is play. I can't even let him in the back yard to go potty I have to put a leash on him and take him out so that he'll stay close to me. Josh asked me the other day if I was going to get him a new toy for after his surgery, I hadn't even thought of it! So today on my way to pick him up I went to Petco to get him a new toy since "Daddy" had the idea. I was in there looking for a squeaker toy since he likes them but couldn't find one I liked, I turned around to see if there were some in that aisle behind and low and behold I found the most perfect toy for Bear...............

I just thought this was so perfect since Josh is a Sailor and he had the idea to get him an "after surgery toy". My mind was to busy to even come up with the idea, and here he is on the other side of the world and has to mention it to me. I gave Bear a few laps of water after an hour of being home like I was told to do and he did well, he didn't vomit, so that was a good sign. An hour later I gave him a little more and he was still good, so about a half hour or so later, I got some food for him. I was told to give him 1/3 of what he would normally get. I did go ahead and spoil him and give him a spoonful of wet food with his dry food, I just gave him a little less dry food. Good thing I did too, because all he ate was the wet food, I left the dry food for him and a few hours later he ate that as well. All in all he's doing pretty good, he took a few small naps and he's sleeping again so that's good. Hopefully he'll recover well and quickly.
No comments:
Post a Comment