Do I miss him you ask...of course I do!!! Life isn't the same when your husband is deployed, sure you still live your day to day life, your job is the same, some of the routines are the same, but then SO MUCH is also different. You have twice as much stuff to do because not only are you doing the things you would normally do yourself, but you are picking up the "slack", for lack of a better term, of the husband who is deployed. Being homeowners is a task in itself, but being a "single" homeowner is a whole new challenge. Along with all the other "challenges" you face as a Military Wife. A challenge I was willing to take, if you aren't willing to sacrifice things, living alone and not seeing your loved one for months on end being a major one, then you shouldn't have said "I do" to a man in uniform. Something military wives hate but deal with all to often is when a "civilian" female is complaining about not seeing her husband/boyfriend, and it has been less than 24 hours since they last saw one another!!! Don't complain to us, ESPECIALLY when currently going thru deployment. Now, not all women do this, but many do, and I want to personally say THANK YOU to those who do realize what we go through and do appreciate the fact that they can call and see their loved one at any time. Some people may not see it but military wives go thru a lot......if you see one Thank her, or buy her a drink!
Josh will be deployed for my birthday this year and I will admit it does make me sad. We always "go big" for our Birthdays and our Anniversary. This year will be different, no tradition. Granted I knew this was always possible, and I'm OK with it, I'll just be missing him is all. My parents and I are planning to go to Disneyland, which I'm TOTALLY excited about, I'm still very much a little kid at heart :)

1 comment:
You are a beautiful person and a encouraging military wife to those who have had the honor of meeting and knowing you. Stay positive and positive things will happen. Tell Josh "HI" for us....love, The Blanchards!!!
Post a Comment